Friday, October 8, 2010

From "As Bill Sees It"

"In God's economy, nothing is wasted.  Through failure, we learn a lesson in humility which is probably needed, painful though it is.
"We did not always come closer to wisdom by reason of our virtues; our better understanding is often rooted in the pains of our former follies.  Because this has been the essence of our individual experience, it is also the essence of our experience as a fellowship."
I have a tendency to believe that I can't do anything or say anything until I am sure I will do or say it perfectly.  As a result, I deprive myself of the opportunities for growth that come from making mistakes and learning from them.  While pausing and praying prior to acting is certainly not a bad thing, if the end result is paralysis then there's a good chance I've taken it too far.  So, the tool that I'm going to use today is:
Don't react, but do act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home