Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Alcoholic Recovery "Tool"

Today's Tool:
Today's tool:  accept my limitations and seek help from God
A NEW DIRECTION
Our human resources, as marshaled by the will, were not sufficient; they failed utterly. . . . Every
day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all our activities.
 - from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous

I hear talk of the "weak willed" alcoholic, but I am one of the strongest-willed people on earth! I now
know that my incredible strength of will is not enough to save my life. My problem is not one of
"weakness," but rather of direction. When I, without falsely diminishing myself, accept my honest
limitations and turn to God's guidance, my worst faults become my greatest assets. My strong will,
rightly directed, keeps me working until the prom ises of the program become my daily reality.
From "Daily Reflections"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home