Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bill Wilson - Assuring the Future

This quote is from "Pass it On" the story of Bill Wilson and how the A.A. message reached the world.

"When TIME magazine wanted to put Bill on its
cover -- that is, put the back of his head of the front
of the magazine -- Bill declined, and declined the cover
story as well.  He reasoned:...'[T]he requirements of
the piece would have tended to create a clear and
colorful public image of me as a person.  This would
have created for the future, I am sure, a temptation in
our power-driving people to get like pieces -- presently
with full names and pictures....I declined the publicity,
and I must confess it wasn't easy.'"

Thought to Ponder:
 
The Steps are there to protect me from myself;
the Traditions are there to protect AA from me. 
 
Brought to you by our addiction rehab center in Southern California,.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home