Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recovery Tool - Sponsorship Advice and Wisdom


Morning!
I’m working with two newcomers right now and I meet with each of them once a week. Although my schedule is hectic and I’m raising two children alone, I have set this time aside because I know by working with newcomers, it’s going to save my life, it’s the right thing to do and I honestly enjoy it!! This is one of my favorite paragraphs in the big book. Page 89, Working with Others

     “Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends-this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss this. Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.”

I’m blessed to have newcomers in my life, to be able to pass on what was so freely given to me. I usually let newcomers know if they want to get in the book, then give me a call. It’s takes them months, even years but they hear something and remember what I’ve said. My experience is that some of them actually call, so something must be working, most likely the higher power!

If you are one of those people who are on the fence about whether or not AA is right for you, we recommend checking out this article from American Addiction Foundation, which discusses the struggles of getting people to buy into Alcoholics Anonymous and why we think it is worth investigation.

 - brought to you by the alumni department at our drug rehab in Southern California


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home