Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thoughts on Humility

Our 12 and 12 says that "Humility" is the foundation of all of our principles. Over the short course of my sobriety I've been given many different definitions of Humility. I've looked it up in several different dictionaries and tried to find a definition that made some sort of sense to me and one that I could use and apply to my life.....

I think that my favorite one was given to me by a lady I met when I was two weeks sober and she picked up a 32 year chip.

She told me once that Humility was not thinking less of myself, but thinking of myself less. A tall order for a self-centered, self-absorbed alcoholic like me, but thanks to this great program and good sponsorship, today, I have tools that help me get out of self and to practice genuine Humility.

Becky D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home